Tuesday, December 27, 2016

STORY TIME: Judo Camp Isn't As Fun When You're 50



Yes, I know.

I'm the only fifty-year-old at Judo Camp.

They said I was too old.  They said I couldn't succeed.  They said I'm just here to make sure my daughter Jessica doesn't fool around with any boys.

But these judo children will never know what it's like...to be a warrior. Hiy!

The warrior lifestyle is not just a lifestyle...it's a way of life. Hiy!

Someone wants to mess with my Jessica? They get a swift...Hiy!

Do you think you can play games with my daughter fool? Huh?  How about this...Hiy!

I am centered.  Hiy!

I am one with my inner Craig.  Hiy!

I am not balding, my head is undergoing spiritual transformation more powerful than any 14-year old boy at this judo camp will ever realize!  Hiy!

I am Craig!  And I will stick up for myself at this judo camp!  Hiy!

The YMCA will not define me!  Hiy!

Craig defines me!  Hiy!

Jessica stands in the doorway of the bathroom.

"Hey, dad."

Craig looks away from the mirror.

"Yes Jessica."

"I think I want to go home, now."

"Me too, sweetie.  Judo Camp isn't as fun when you're 50."


THE END

No comments:

Post a Comment