Wednesday, June 14, 2017

STORY TIME: Maritime Law Doesn't Matter In Pools Apparently

"Ok, in my defense, there was absolutely no way I could have known that maritime law doesn't apply in pools," said Craig.

"What do you mean, Craig???"

"Maritime law.  The law of the seas?  Aunt Bev, you've never heard of Maritime law?"

"We're not at sea!"

"I know but how was I supposed to know that?"

"You were in our neighbor's pool!  You popped little Mark's raft and almost drowned him!"

"Yes, Aunt Bev and under maritime law that's perfectly legal.  After said raft popping, according to the United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea, I can scuttle that raft.  It's the Law of Salvage."

"How is Mrs. Withers supposed to feel?  Am I supposed to explain to her the Law of Salvage?"

"Yes, of course.  Any citizen of the world should be privy to the Law of Salvage."

"You are in big trouble, buddy."

"Maybe with you Aunt Bev but in the eyes of maritime law, it's smooth sailing from here."

"Get in the car."

THE END

No comments:

Post a Comment